Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend of rain and $600 septic system mess

Where do I start?!?!?! Friday night, Tim was out of commission...sore throat, headache, etc. So I spent the evening playing nurse to him & John. See...John saw that Daddy was getting more attention than he was...therefore he had a headache too!

Saturday it rained pretty much all day, so John had a major case of cabin fever! At one point, I considered making him run laps around the house. We watched cartoons, played with playdough, colored, painted, took 3 baths(2 were recreational and 1 was to wash the ink off his ENTIRE body) and he even helped me clean house a little.

Speaking of the house....Friday night I noticed a gurgling sound coming out of all the toilets, sinks and bathtubs...a little odd but I didn't think much of it. Well Saturday morning, Tim heard it and got very concerned. Apparently, when you have a septic system, gurgling is never a good sign! He went outside and checked the system and the breaker was flipped. So he flipped the breaker back on and it immediately flipped back off...uh oh!

Long story short, the motor was going out on the pump.... which means it was pumping incorrectly....which means the tank was full & was backing up into the pipes of the house...AND that my friend means it was very close to coming up through the lavatories! Oy vey!!! $600 and all day later, it's fixed!

I'm SOOO grateful Tim knows his stuff and SOOOO grateful he caught it before it got really bad!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home