Monday, August 24, 2009

A walk down memory lane

So Saturday, John and I drove to Austin to visit one of my very dear friends Mariellen and her family. She has a little boy, Jackson, who just turned two in July. We thought it would be fun to get the boys together. They entertained themselves while we got to catch up and reminisce.

Speaking of ....I thought it would be amusing to bring along some of the old drill team videos. I forewarned Mel so she could dust off the old VHS player(that's how old these things are). After the kids went to sleep, we popped in a couple and WOW....I'm still laughing at how cool we thought we were!!!! I gotta give props to my mom for video taping everything...literally EVERYTHING! She even went so far to video someone she thought was me! A whole halftime routine showcasing Melanie Tyler...not me! Oh well! I have to say the best part of the evening was the video of Mariellen and Brooke's duet Junior year. That was an interesting routine put to interesting music!!! Mariellen's husband, Perry, was brave enough to watch a couple of minutes but he was "over it" pretty quick! hahahaha!

The weekend was fun and I was sad to go home! I wish we were closer and I wish the other girls could have been there!!!





















2 Comments:

Blogger Chalna said...

AWWW!!! Such adorable boys and such a FUN TIME! I am super jealous that I missed out on the memory fest. My dad also has hundreds of hours of high school footage...I was so bothered by it at the time, but I am so thankful to have them now! Mainly because I have proof that I used to be skinny. LOL!!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Amen to that! If only I had that body now! We had a good time and that would have been awesome if you & Colin could have come too! The three boys together would be awesome to watch!!!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home