Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"I don't wanna talk about it"

I picked John up from school yesterday as I do everyday....So we get in the car and start to head home. I always ask him how his day was and if he had fun. Well today, he simply looked at me and said, " I don't wanna talk about it!".....WHAT? I kinda sat there for a second trying to process what he just said to me....then I just replied, "okay, I'll leave you alone". Where on earth did he learn such a grown up phrase and then to use it in the correct context....he's a smart little booger!!

I have to admit that my feelings were a little hurt! :( When did my precious baby boy start growing up???? He's become such a little boy, it blows my mind! I still catch myself referring to him in coversations as "the baby"!!! I should probably work on that, huh?
I guess the hard part is realizing that he doesn't need me as much anymore. When their infants their entire world depends on you and then one day they're 3 1/2 and make statements like, "I don't wanna talk about it"! That's hard on a mom....especially this mom!!
I'd like to think, that it will get easier as he gets older but I can already tell I think I'm gonna need counseling!

My heart & soul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home