Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training


I have to say for the most part, John has done a pretty good job at the whole potty training thing. It started out rough but I think that was because I was a little overzealous and probably started too early. But we're in the groove now! We've even been asked to take home his pull-up supply from school...that's right, the whole stash!

As of now, John only wears pull-ups at night and nap time, although last Sunday he took a 2 hour nap without a pull-up on and stayed COMPLETELY dry! I couldn't believe it!! I totally expected to have a wet mess when he woke up (mainly because he was napping on the couch and that would just be my luck for not moving him to his bed!!) but no wet mess! Just one dry to bone boy! I was one proud momma!
We are still having some issues with the whole "poop" thing. Sometimes he's super good about alerting me to when he has to go and he hops right up on the potty and does his thing. And then there are the, "I'm too busy, so I'm just gonna go in my underwear, so mommy has to clean them out" times! Let me just say that, cleaning poop out of cotton underwear is gross! Here lately, I've thrown a couple of pairs away b/c I was so icked out!! I don't know why he keeps doing....hopefully it's a phase and he'll grow out of it.
Ahhhh the joys of motherhood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home