Friday, August 07, 2009

Terrible 2's & horrible 3's????


Is it possible to go through terrible 2's AND 3's? I don't know what's going on with John these days...

His early two's were rough mainly because he couldn't communicate, so he would get frustrated b/c he couldn't tell me what he wanted and I would get frustrated b/c I didn't know what he wanted. It was a vicious circle! But once he really started to talk things got sooooooo much better and we've been doing really well....that is until NOW!

In the past week, he's been a terror! We're talking Jekyl and Hyde! Refusing to eat, refusing to sleep, waking up 3 times a night, arguing with everything I say, destroying everything he comes in contact with, and had two accidents at school on Monday. His teacher even made a comment about how he seemed "out of sorts". Grrreeaaat, never good if the teacher notices it!!!

Oh and the best...the other morning, he wanted doughnuts for breakfast, to which I promptly told him no. He threw the worst tantrum I have ever seen and then told me I wasn't his friend anymore!!! I giggled(under my breath, of course) but just responded, "that's okay, mommy still loves you." What do you say to that?!

I've been pondering all the possible reasons for this out of character behavior and the only thing I can come up with is that he got off his schedule while we were in Mexico. It's the only explanation or at least I hope that's the only explanation! He's such a creature of habit! If we do anything that's not in his regular routine, he needs to know why, what, when and how.

So what do I do now? I guess just let this behavior run it's course and hope he gets back to the sweet little Johnny I adore?? Any suggestions???

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Short said...

anytime my kid acts out...I can trace it all back to sleep. They are just overtired. Maybe just keep pushing bedtime up a little earlier, and let him get out of the habit of waking up in the middle of the night. Im sure it will all work itself out. Poor Mom!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home