Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break blues & Working mom's guilt

We've got a serious case of the Spring Break blues and working mom's guilt. John is having a very hard time understanding why he has to go to school when everyone is on Spring Break. His teacher and most of the kids in his class are gone this week. The school tries to do fun activities for the kids that are there but he just doesn't care at this point. All he wants is to be at home on Spring Break.

I dropped him off at school yesterday morning and he bawled. Talk about ripping your heart out....aghhh, it was terrible! I cried when I got back in the car...I so wanted to just take him back home and spend all week doing fun things. But unfortunately, that's not our reality and I hate it..absolutely hate it.

This morning wasn't any better either. He woke up talking about having a "rest day" at home. Good grief!

So it looks like I'll be taking Friday off for a Spring Break Day. Which I'm fine with except I only have 3 1/2 days left until June 23rd...well now 2 1/2 days. Vacation time and sick time are precious commodities around here, especially when you'll be taking maternity leave in 3 months.

Tim said he was going to try and pick him up early today and take him to the park. Maybe that will help! Sure hope so...this guilt is killer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home