Monday, November 16, 2009

I can't believe that....

I allowed my husband to hang this above our fireplace....

I swore I would never have dead animals hanging on my walls. Not that there is anything wrong with it but it's not really my thing, per say. I told Tim he could have his "man cave" and hang all kinds of dead things in there but not in the rest of the house. So why did I agree to hanging it over the fireplace...I honestly don't know.

This lovely axis deer was killed by my hubby over a year ago and he just picked him up from the taxidermists last week.  It really is a pretty animal and the taxidermy dude did a good job doing whatever they do...I'm clueless about this stuff, if you couldn't tell.

John was super excited about the deer and even wanted to name him...we haven't come up with a name yet. He also declared that he wants a gun and is "going to go into the forest and shoot all the deers"...

lordy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Short said...

I am jealous. I LOVE that kind of stuff.
Beautiful!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home