Monday, October 26, 2009

Grumpy airplane lady

In my last post, I mentioned how John and I just happened to sit behind a really "grumpy" (trying to use a nice word) lady on the flight back to Houston yesterday. Luckily, we didn't know she was "grumpy" until after the flight.

John kicked the "grumpy" lady's seat a couple of times. I always made sure to tell him that he can't kick the seat in front of him b/c there's someone in it and it's not nice. To top it off, our flight took longer than usual b/c apparently traffic was backed up coming into the airport so we ended up flying in circles for an extra 30 minutes. So a flight that was supposed to be an hour and 30 minutes ended up being 2..30 minutes is a LOOONG time in the eyes of a 3 year old.

Anyway, so we grab our luggage and climb on to the parking shuttle bus. I look up and here comes the "grumpy" lady getting onto OUR bus. I had a feeling she was going to say something b/c she looked particulary "grumpy". Here's how it went down...

Grumpy lady: "I sure hope you changed his pull-up"
Me: "excuse me.... there's nothing to change besides he doesn't wear pull-ups"
Grumpy lady: "well, he sure did stink"
Tim: "it wasn't him...do you want me to stick his butt in your face so you can make sure? and how do you know it wasn't someone else"
Grumpy lady: "hmmppph...well he did kick my seat the whole time"
Me: "I'm sorry lady but he's 3...and maybe you should find an airline that doesn't allow kids...good luck with that!"

Both Tim and I were furious. I mean you could tell she was one of those types of people that just gripes about everything. I just can't understand why some people can't understand that kids are going to act like kids. Argh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home