Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's time...

...to get rid of the monitor in John's room. Yes...he's 4 and I still had the monitor in there. And Yes it seems like a little much but for some reason I just couldn't make myself take it out. But now with baby 2 on the way, it's time.

He's slept through the night for quite a while now...like since he was 2... if he needs me, he yells or just comes downstairs. I don't really need to hear every movement, raindrop on his window, clock ticking, or when the toilet in his bathroom runs. But I have to admit, sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night, I'll put the monitor to my ear just so I can hear him breathe. It eases my paranoid mind and I sleep better. Sounds silly, but I think I'm ready to let go.

I'm so grateful that I don't have one of the video monitors...I'd use that until he went to college!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chalna said...

This is a GREAT topic! I have the video monitor and I swear to you that I am completely unable to ever get rid of it. It was a shower gift that everyone in my office chipped in for...one of those splurges that I never would have bought on my own, but registered for anyway. Let me tell you, I don't have a clue what I would do without that thing. I can keep an eye on him without going anywhere and like you, just taking a peek at him and listening to him breathe soothes me. As an infant, it was a lifesaver. I was able to see when he actually needed me instead of going in at every sound. Even now, at 2.5 years, when he stirs in the night, I can look and see if he is awake or asleep. I can see if his sheets got tangled, if he climbed out of bed, or lost his bear. I can also tell if our sneaky panther cat is camping out in there when I thought he was out. ;-) Long story short...I can't imagine my life without that video monitor. I also know that I will probably need to take it out before he goes to college, but I am not totally sure. LOL!

Good luck on taking yours out...I bet it will take a few nights to get used to the feeling of NOT monitoring him!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home