Thursday, August 11, 2011

1st day of Kindergarten

So today was the big day...John started his first day as a kindergartener at Covenant Christian School.

I don't know why..okay I do know why... but I had all these grandiose visions on how the morning was going to go. I envisioned that John would jump out of bed all excited to go to big kid school...that he would run into his classroom and sit right in his spot...that he would look at me and tell me he was going to be fine...ya know the completely unrealistic stuff you see on TV shows and movies.

Alas, that was not to be. Instead John sang, "I'm not going, I'm not going" the whole way there. Once we got to his classroom he bolted into the hall and refused to go in. I had to pick him up and carry him in. He then clung to me with a death grip. The teacher had to intervene and basically pry him off of me so we could leave. As we walked out the door, he was screaming his little heart out. But we were strong and just kept walking.

I know he was fine 2 minutes after we left but as a mother that is one of the worst feelings in the world. Mrs. Patterson said she would email me while they were at recess and let me know how he was doing.... I'm anxiously awaiting!!

I was able to get some good pictures while we were home but those are on my real camera. This one came from my phone...as you can see he wasn't real happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home