Thursday, February 04, 2010

No more pull-ups and 4 year check-up

Here's the conversation on the way to school yesterday....
John:  Mom, I don't want to wear diapers at night anymore...I want to wear vundervear.
 Me:  Well okay, we'll start working on that tonight, sound good?
John:  Yes
Me:  But when mommy tells you that you can't have anymore juice, then you can't get upset, okay?
John:  Okay, I won't be ugly
And there you have it my friends...he's ready! I had planned to start working on the pull-up thing at night but honestly, I've just been lazy. Guess I can't anymore, huh! So last night we headed up to his room for bedtime and he went and picked out the underwear he wanted to wear. He was sooo excited!!! I explained that if he felt like he needed to go pee-pee he needed to get up and go into his bathroom and go. I also explained that until he gets used to it he might have some accidents and that was okay. Accidents happen!

This morning I was laying in bed and heard a thud coming from upstairs...then I heard little foot steps run into his bathroom...toilet flushed. Viola! Then I hear, "mooommmmyyyyy". So I go up to his room, open the door and there he is...sitting in his dry bed!!! HE did it!!! Made it all night!!! YEAH! I'm so proud and I could tell he was too!!

On to the 4 year check up....sigh! It was rough! He did great with the blood pressure check, vision and hearing tests, everything.... until it was shot time. Tim and I explained that everyone has to have them and they keep us from getting sick but in reality a 4 year old doesn't care! He had to get 4 shots, 2 in each leg!! I felt terrible for him. He was shaking he was crying so hard.  Luckily, Grandma offered to watch him today so he didn't have to go to school which I'm grateful for and I think he was pretty happy about too. Thank God for Grandmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home